Do you want to get more done, faster and better, and happier customers?
Take the 2-day Kanban System Design (KMP-I) training and learn the foundations of the Kanban Method, how to design and start a Kanban system (or improve an existing one) for optimal flow and faster delivery, and how to initiate change with Kanban.
Certified by Lean Kanban University (LKU), this 2-day foundation Kanban course (taught in Portuguese or in English) provides the knowledge and skills you need to design a basic Kanban system, and how to create and manage your workflow in a dynamic and predictable way through simulated practice and hands-on exercises.
The KMP-I class is also your step 1 in earning the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) Professional Credential from LKU.
Being a Certified Kanban Management Professional is a reflection of your ability to implement and successfully manage outcomes of the ‘alternative path to agility’: as a KMP, you will be expected to contribute to problem-solving, manage flow, promote collaboration and experimentation, and reduce bottlenecks to help improve organizational agility and deliver superior quality end products and services.
When will this course take place?
Where will this course take place?
- Usually, our public courses are held in Paredes or Paços de Ferreira, in the North of Portugal, where our main office is located.
- When organizing public courses we take care of all the logistics for you: training room, a nice hotel room with break-feast included, lunches, coffee breaks, and a nice evening for all participants to know each other, mingle and establish great personal relationships. You just have to bring yourself with your open mind and good mood.
- When organizing private courses for Clients or Conference organizers, all logistics costs are borne by the Client, including our travel expenses and hotel accommodation(s). Therefore, we are open to negotiating special rates in advance.
Who should attend?
- Managers and Team members who want to start a Kanban initiative or get more out of their current Kanban system.
What do I need to know before attending?
- Attendees are expected to have read the book Kanban by David J Anderson, or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.
- Prior attendance of the Team Kanban Practitioner 1-day course or any other LKU Fundamentals level class is highly recommended.
How much will I invest?
- Time: 2 days (16 hours).
- Price: 1.200 EUR per person + VAT for public courses held near our office in the North of Portugal.
- Special prices are available for groups (3 or more people from the same organization), Conference organizers and, of course, to all our Coaching & Consulting Clients.
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- How to design a kanban system and initiate change with Kanban.
- The basic Kanban concepts of flow, pull, and collaborative improvement.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Controlling work-in-progress (from push to pull).
- Visualizing work (designing a card wall).
- Measuring and managing flow (control charts, flow diagrams).
- Making policies explicit (classes of service).
- Managing change and collaborative improvement.
You will develop the skills to:
- Identify and address bottlenecks.
- Work with shifting priorities.
- Manage multi-tasking and work interrupts.
- Prioritize importantly but non-time-critical work.
- Create flow in the work, the information required to do it and within the performing teams.
What topics will be covered?
This 2-day hands-on course follows the official Lean Kanban University (LKU) training materials produced by David J Anderson, Mike Burrows, and other leading Lean Kanban experts:
What value will I get from this course?
- Lifetime access to all KMP1 e-learning materials produced, or to be produced, by IOSAE (on this website).
- Training certified by the Lean Kanban University (LKU) through an Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT).
- A Kanban System Design (KMP1) Certificate of Completion from the LKU.
- Step 1 in earning the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) Professional Credential from the LKU:
- Step 2 is to attend the Kanban Management Professional course.
- An LKU Membership and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
- Eligibility for special invitations, discounts, and content only available to LKU members.
- A digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson, or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.
- 16 SEUs (Scrum Educational Units) towards your CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) by the Scrum Alliance.
- 16 PDUs (Professional Development Units) towards your CCR (Continuing Certification Requirements) by the PMI.